Monday 15 April 2013

Hello old friend

I thought that my poor, poor attempts at blogging previously was a hint to STOP IT.  Now.  Just walk away and forget about it.  And for a while I did, and it didn't really bother me.  But I liked having a place to put my style and thoughts and opinions, even if no one was really listening, so, here I am once more.

I won't make myself any ridiculous promise I won't be able to keep, like blogging every day because really, I couldn't find the time for that, but maybe something like once a week for definite.  To start with, I thought I'd do a little round up of major things that have gone on this year.


Ok so the first thing isn't really the nicest part of the year, in fact it's probably the shittest part of my year, of any year of mine really.  Everything went sour with Sam, as bad and as heartbreakingly sour as relationships can get.  I thought he was The One, as young as I was.  I could see such an amazing and happy future with him.  And a part of me still wishes for it, so badly.  But he treated me unbelievably badly, and thought the grass was greener on the other side where one night stands and student life called.  So I lost all faith and trust in him, and it's over.

As sad as that is, things are better now.  I've found someone new, someone better, Alex.  And while I know it's not as serious as me and Sam were,  I like it because of that.  I don't feel that immense pressure to be perfect all the time and don't think of the future as much- well, not as super far into the future.  It's much more healthy and I can be me and relax around him and know that whatever happens we'll just take it as it comes.  We get on, make each other laugh and just click well.  It's lovely


Uni has been the majority of my life.  And while parts of it are very good (lectures on Lolcats anyone?), I've finished second year feeling slightly deflated to tell the truth.  It's been a hard slog, I knew it would be, but it was made worse in my opinion by some really bad lecturers.  I've felt really angry and let down, but just need to keep my head down and push through.  


And tying in nicely to all those bad feels about lectures, I have exams in a few weeks.  Which terrify me.  On top of poor lecture quality, I have the knowledge that I need to average a B in my chosen Honours subjects (English Literature and Language) to get in.  Which is an awful lot of pressure.  These little highlighter guys are all I can do to try and cheer me up.  Roll on the 3rd May when Summer will officially have arrived!


And finally, for one of the best things of this year!  At the start of second year my good friends Gillian (Gildo) get me to tag along with her to an open rehearsal of Glasgow University's Cecilian Society.  For those of you not in the know (probably lots), the Cecilians are a musical theatre society at Glasgow who recently celebrated their 60th Anniversary so have been around for a while!  I've done a few shows in the past but this was my first with the Cecilians and it may possibly be one of my favourites.  We performed Guys and Dolls for a week in February and the whole experience was just fantastic.  I have made so many new friends and had such a blast at all the parties and events that have followed.  I also really think the whole show and company helped a LOT with the whole Sam situation, as it all came to an end round about the start of rehearsals so I had something I could really throw myself into and just forget about all the sad stuff.  So yeah, it's been a damn good decision and one I will never regret.  I'm  already looking forward to next year's show!

So that's about it for my first post in a very long time.  I hope it's a good 'un.  If not, at least semi-decent :)




No comments:

Post a Comment